Above the CloudsSee why they call it the Great Smoky Mountains from Above the Clouds
Come see for yourself.
This three bedroom, four bath log cabin with wheelchair access has two decks facing Wears Valley, the Great Smoky Mountains, and the Chilhowee Mountain. Watch the mountains “smoke” from the upper deck rockers and hot tub — and don’t miss sunset!
This secluded cabin has lots of room – perfect for a family or romantic retreat! Sleeps up to 10. You and your family will never forget the endless mountain views from this cabin, overlooking beautiful Wears Valley and Little Round Top, Rocky Top and Thunderhead, the tallest mountain in the Western Great Smoky Mountain National Park. You’ll have mountain views from every room, sunrises from the front deck, and marvelous sunsets from the two back decks. It is so dark when you look out at the stars over the mountain – count the shooting stars! We’ve added a 5th deck for stargazing.
- 2-story wildlife sculpture by local artist
- Great Room with seasonal propane fireplace, huge picture windows, Smart TV, Wii, comfortable seating for 5 – queen size sleeper sofa
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, TV
- Kitchen with pots/pans, plates, etc., dishwasher, icemaker, coffee maker, blender, 6 qt. Slow Cooker. Just bring your food & spices
- Dining room table seats 8/breakfast bar can seat up to 3. High chair or booster seat available upon request
- Deck facing west with panoramic mountain views, hot tub, rockers, porch swing.
- Large bathroom with counter space and roll-in shower
- Views from every room
- Pool table
- Electronic darts
- Twin-size sleeper sofa
- Full bathroom
- Balcony facing east for sunrise & stargazing
- Bunk bedroom with double over queen beds, TV and Air Hockey Table, attached full bathroom
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, TV, spa tub and private bathroom with roll-in shower
- Laundry closet with full size washer/dryer & iron
- Lower level deck that leads to walkway to swimming pool
- Lower level accessible via outside ramp
- Wheelchair accessible with 2 roll-in showers. See accessibility page and please call to confirm access for your needs.
- Pampered, well-traveled dogs are welcome. Pet fee applies
- Paved Road access with flat parking
- Small flat yard with swingset
- Deck with picnic table (18” overhang for wheelchair) and charcoal grill
- Private Community Summer Swimming Pool
- High speed WiFi
- Facebook: Above The Clouds
Cabin built for Visitability
Above the Clouds Vacation Cabin – Tour of Lower Level
Mountain Wildlife theme
Above the Clouds has a two-story wildlife sculpture as its centerpiece
It was sculpted by Randy Boni, who used to have a workshop in the valley. A representation of Mr. Boni’s work and background may be found here. The sculpture is carved with a variety of Smoky Mountain wildlife, including bears, raccoons, and hawks. The beams were put in place for a structural purpose. Mr. Boni made them unique with his woodcarving!
Choose from two bedrooms with king-size beds. The 1st-floor bedroom has a shared bathroom with a walk-in/roll-in shower.The second is off the bunk-bed room on the lower level and has an indoor jetted tub. There is a ramp from the front door to this bedroom door, and the en suite bath has a walk-in/roll-in shower. The Great Room has a queen sleeper sofa, loft has a twin sleeper sofa, and the lower level rec room/bedroom has a full over queen log bunk bed. Photos of the two king bedrooms on Facebook here.
What are you waiting for?
You and your family will never forget the endless mountain views from this cabin, overlooking the western end of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, beautiful Wears Valley and the Chilhowee Mountains. You’ll have mountain views from every room, sunrises from the front deck, and marvelous sunsets from the two back decks. It is so dark when you look out at the stars over the mountain – count the shooting stars! We’ve added a 5th deck for stargazing!
This is truly a place of peace — Above the Clouds will restore your soul!