We welcome pampered dogs who are used to traveling with their family. Please understand that we have lots of guests who do not bring dogs, so covering the furniture if yours is a lap dog is a must! We have vacuums in both cabins. Please give housekeeping a head start by using them.
Have your dog well-groomed before arrival.
Tips for packing:
- Baby wipes as they are great for keeping paws clean.
- Towels for drying after being out in the rain or wet grass.
- Your pet should be microchipped and/or wearing a collar with your information on it (cell phone number, since you are not at home).
- Your carrier or crate, complete with identification.
- Extra sheets or an old blanket for under the carrier.
- A leash and an extra collar.
- A couple of sheets to cover furniture and/or the bed, if necessary.
- A blanket or cushion from your pets’ home bedding can reduce the stress of a new place.
- A container of your dog’s food.
- Food and water dishes and a portable water container for traveling to your destination.
- Trash bags and waste removal bags. You are expected to pick up pet waste and put the bags in the outdoor trash cans. The green barrels along the road that say “Sand Bags” are not for trash! Occasionally dogs from down below wander by and leave something, but we do our best to be sure this is never caused by our guests.
- Favorite chew toys.
- Grooming supplies such as a comb or brush.
- Pet medication.
- Veterinarian’s documents for your pet (just in case). List of local vets.
- Flashlight for late-night walks – we have some plugged into outlets, please return them!
- First aid kit for humans and pets (we have a small one in each main-level bathroom).
Rules on dogs in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
- Dogs are allowed in campgrounds, picnic areas, and along roads, but must be kept on a leash at all times. The leash must not exceed 6 feet in length.
- You are allowed to take a leashed dog on the Gatlinburg Trail.
- Why the restrictions? Good reasons explained here.
- Suggestions for where you can go! You can also walk around our ridge and enjoy the views.